IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ
Sky View Youth Football
July 8, 2022
Sky View Youth Football
Thanks again for everyone that registered for football this fall. We have now gone into the season of the constant update emails. I apologize ahead of time, as I always try and limit the number of emails I send out. I wanted to reach out and discuss a few changes to our schedule:
- We were notified yesterday of delays in receiving our refurbished and new helmets. We will not have enough helmets to conduct our checkout. So, equipment Checkout will now take place on the 1st days of practice (August 1st and 2nd). Each team will have a designated time slot. I will be in touch with
- Because we will be having equipment checkout so late, I have asked the commissioner if we can conduct our official weigh-ins on the same days. So, he has agreed to attend the check-outs and conduct the official weigh-ins on August 1st and 2nd.
- First day of practice will still be held on August 1st for all age groups.
- We will have all of our games and practices ran up at Sky View HS. Schedules will be sent out as we get closer.
Secondly, I wanted to let you all know what has been decided in terms of number of teams and the leagues they will play in.
Grade - Division - Coach
8th - B - Kevin Low
7th - A - Ryan Bohm
7th - B - (TBD based on A Division roster)
6th - B - Bryce Vicars
5th - A - Chase Shumway
5th - B - (TBD based on A Division roster)
4th - B - Matt Cook
2nd/3rd -B - Braiden Jones
2nd/rd - B - (TBD based on need)
Thanks again for all of your patience in all of the last minute changes. We are getting close and I hope you are all getting as excited I am for the season. Go CATS!
May 30, 2022
Sky View Youth Football
Registration is still open! Please register quickly as space on teams may become limited if we don't have time to find coaches before the season starts. https://www.svyouthfootball.org/registration
We have had a lot of questions about A-Teams. We are currently assessing each eligible age group to determine if the that age group should have an A-Team. Please know that A-Teams will be a rare occasion for us.
- 15th: Last day for registration for any kids hoping to participate in an A-Team.
- 30th: Last day for regular registration.
- 11th - 18th: Equipment checkout and official weigh-ins will occur sometime during this period (more details to come). Weight limits will be posted to our website after the WFFL June 6th meeting.
- July 14th: Last day of late registration.
- July 15th: All teams are declared.
- 1st: First day of practice. (Helmets only for the ENTIRE first week).
- Please note the first 3 weeks, coaches have the option of practicing 5 days per week. After the first game the days will be limited to 4 days for grades 4-8 and 3 days for the 2nd/3rd team.
Reiterating A few important items:
-All players will be assigned to teams by grade only. All players wishing to play up a grade must be approved by the SVYF board and the coaches of each team involved. No player will be allowed to play up more than one grade.
- Older But Lighter (OBLs or Z-heads) are kids that request to play down a grade based on weight. This contingency has been abused by some associations/teams in the past. Therefore, all OBLs must be approved by SVYF and the WFFL. We want all players to be safe while still having fun and developing their skills.
- Sponsors Needed: We also would like to reach out and invite any businesses that are owned by our amazing parents to check out the sponsorship part of the website. We are looking to promote our homegrown and local businesses this year! We love our community, and want to make sure we are involved in supporting those who support all of us!
Current Board Members:
Director: Ryan Guerrero 310-415-6552
- Volunteers and Team Moms: Angela Walker 435-258-8216
Assistant Director (Finances): Chase Shumway 801-554-6255
- Fan Gear: Stephanie Smith 435-265-6872
- Equipment Manager: Marisa Palmer 435-760-5130
Assistant Director (Operations): Chelsea Law 435-512-4934
- Game Day Operations: Laylah Zayin (Semanof) 435-610-0796
- Concessions: Ashley Pierce 208-244-4799
Krystal Rosales 435-770-3327
Youth Cheer Program: Please see the information and flyer for the Sky View Youth Cheer that is being put together to cheer on our teams and learn some cheer.
"We are excited to announce that this year we will be starting up Sky View Youth Cheer! This program will be for kids ages 6-14. Priority registration will start June 6th for football families. Because this is our first year we will have a cap of 72 kids overall, so if we have spots left we will open up general registration on the 20th. Cheer practices will begin in August when football practices start. We are also looking for a few parents to help be team cheer coaches for the season. If you are interested in helping out, or if you have any questions, please reach out to either Heather Arrington 719-339-2848 or Cassie Guerrero 435-915-0094, or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you all for football season! Go CATS!! Please us this link for registration: https://form.jotform.com/221437189641156"
March 1, 2022
Sky View Youth Football
2022 Registration is now open!
New to this year, we are starting Early Bird registration with a $25 discount through April 15th! Apply code SVYF2022EB during checkout. Sign up early as spots may become limited based on coach availability per age group.
There have also been some changes to the league this year. Please see the flyer below.
A few things to note:
4th grade (Mitey Mite) will no longer be rookie football and will participate in full 11-man football. 2nd/3rd grades (Jr. Mites) will be the only rookie teams going forward.
All players will be assigned to teams by grade only. A player can only play up if approved by SVYF and the coaches of each team.
Older But Lighter (OBLs or Z-heads) are kids that request to play down a grade based on weight. This program has been abused by some associations/teams in the past. Therefore, all OBLs will need to be approved by SVYF and the WFFL. We want all players to be safe while still having fun and developing their skills.
There will be a new section of the league designed for competitive teams.
"A" teams will be put together by coaches that apply for the coaching position.
Tryouts will be held before the season for all players who wish to participate. If you wish to stay on the regular roster, you do not need to tryout.
Each player must indicate on their registration if they would like to be involved in these tryouts, if a team exists for that association/age group. Not all age groups will have a competitive team.
We also would like to reach out and invite any businesses that are owned by our amazing parents to check out the sponsorship part of the website. We are looking to promote our homegrown and local businesses this year! We love our community, and want to make sure we are involved in supporting those who support all of us! https://www.svyouthfootball.org/sponsorships
There will be more details to come. As always, feel free to reach out to our football board members with any questions. Thanks!